As 2017 was another strong year for Electronic music with a strong focus on the Ambient side of things , Philipp picked up the thread from 2014’s and last year’s “Merry Ambient Christmas Special”. He compiled some of the most exiting sonic adventures in Experimental world with new music and some almost forgotten but now re-released Ambient classics. Including a glimpse at shtum’s 2018 release schedule. Anyway, have a merry Christmas everybody!
1. Pauline Anna Strom – Cruising Altitude 36,000 Feet [Rvng Intl.]
2. Qnete – Stomach [forthcoming 777]
3. Pauline Anna Strom – Energies [Rvng Intl.]
4. S.O.N.S – Yamanote Underground Beach [S.O.N.S]
5. X.Y.R. – False Angel Lullaby [Not Not Fun]
6. Umfang – Path [Technicolour]
7. Blind Observatory – Yonder [Gravitational]
8. Leif Müller – Unreleased
9. Leibniz – Unreleased
10. Kutmah – Healing [Big Dada]
11. Fernando Falcão – Amanhecer Tabajara (À Alceu Valença) [Music From Memory]
12. Gigi Masin – La Giara Di Gesturi [Modern Classics]
13. Visible Cloaks – Wheel [Rvng Intl.]
14. Akis – Erotica [Into The Light]
15. Jefre Cantu-Ledesma – Echoing Green [Mexican Summer]
16. Krikor Kouchian – Armas Y Heroina [L.I.E.S.]
17. Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith – In The World [Western Vinyl]
18. Kastrierte Philosophen – Heroina [Emotional Rescure
19. Midori Takada – Mr. Henri Rousseau’s Dream [We Release Whatever The Fuck We Want]
UV Funk is a radio show which is broadcasted every third Friday from 9:30 pm to 11:00 pm on Dresden based community radio station coloRadio. Radio listeners in Dresden can tune in to the program on 98,3 or 99,4 MHz. Any other listeners can recall it here. The show is hosted by Philipp Demankowski. It’s all about stories, interviews and tracks out of the world of Cosmic Electronic Music.
The show was aired on 15th December 2017.